Native American Grants

There are many grants and scholarships available for Native Americans who wish to attend a university. Some are offered by private organizations, some by specific tribes, and still others are available on the state and federal level.

Most are intended for students who can show financial need.

Some also require a minimum grade point average be maintained, and others are restricted to certain courses of study. With the wide range available, students should have little difficulty finding Native American grants for college.

Young pair of native americans

Grants and scholarships should not be confused with the student loan program. Student loans have to be repaid, except in those cases where student can obtain forgiveness by committing to work in an underserved area of certain states in fields such as teaching or nursing.

Several states offer such programs, but they are quite restrictive. Grants and scholarships, on the other hand, never have to be repaid, and are truly free money for college.


Many private non-profit organizations offer Native American grants for college. Most of them require that the student make application directly to the organization providing the grant. These are too numerous to provide a complete list here, but some typical examples are shown below.

The Daughters of the American Revolution offers several grants and scholarships for both male and female Native Americans who wish to attend college. Request information in writing, and enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for a reply. Here are two of the programs the DAR offers:

  • The American Indian Scholarship is open to Native Americans regardless of age, tribe, or state of residency. It is available for technical school, college, and university students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels (although undergraduates are given preference) and is based on financial need and academic record. This is a one-time grant of $1,000. Students must have at least a 2.75 grade point average and submit proof of American Indian blood.
  • The Frances Crawford Marvin American Indian Scholarship is designated for students enrolled full time at either a 2 or 4 year university or college. Applicants must provide proof of Native American blood and a grade point average of at least 3.0 as well as financial need. The amount of the award depends on the returns provided by the endowment and varies.

The Association on American Indian Affairs offers the Allogan Slagle Scholarship specifically for Native American students who are not members of one of the federally recognized tribes.

The American Indian Graduate Center co-ordinates grants with a number of private corporations. Many of these grants are designated for graduate students, but there are also some available for undergraduates.

The American Indian Science and Engineering Society has numerous grant and scholarship opportunities for Native American students majoring in science, mathematics, computer science, or engineering. Awards vary, but are normally between $1,000 and $4,000. Sample programs are listed below, which reflect only a few of the awards available.

  • The A. T. Anderson Scholarship Program provides $1,000 for undergraduate Native American students majoring in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or science.
  • The AISES Environmental Protection Agency Scholarship awards 27 Native American undergraduate students with $4,000 each. Students must be majoring in medicine, chemistry or chemical engineering, biology, or business administration.
  • AISES also administers the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Foundation Scholarship, which is for Native American undergraduate students. These awards, which are for $2,500, require a minimum grade point average of 2.0 and a major of engineering, science, health administration, education, or business. In addition, applicants must be a resident of Arizona, California (San Bernardino County only), Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, or Washington. Applicants must be at least one-quarter Native American blood or a member of a federally recognized tribe.

The American Anthropological Society offers funding for Native Americans and other minority students who need financial support to complete graduate school and finish dissertations.

The American Chemical Society offers several grants and scholarships for minority students, including Native Americans, who are undergraduates in chemistry or related fields.

American Baptist Financial Aid Program Native American Grants range from $1,000 to $2,000 annually, and are awarded to both undergraduate and graduate Baptist Native American students.

The Presbyterian Church USA headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, offers funding for Native American students for their first year of college. The award is $1,500 and there are no restrictions on fields of study.

The Tyonek Native Corporation Scholarship and Grant Fund provides $1,000 to $1,500 yearly to Alaska Natives for both undergraduate and graduate students to attend any university in the country.

The Adolph Van Pelt Foundation offers Native American grants of $500 to $1,500 for undergraduate students who have economic need.

The Continental Society Daughters of Indian Wars, based in Locust Grove, Oklahoma, offers a $1,000 award each year to a Native American student majoring in social work, education, or social service. The award is open to college juniors and seniors taking at least 8 credit hours and with a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Students should have plans to work on a reservation and have financial need.


Tribe of native americans

Almost every tribe has grants available for tribal members who wish to attend an institute of higher education. Some of these are listed below.

  • Backfeet Nation Higher Education Grant provides $3,500 annually to 140 undergraduate students.
  • Menominee Indian Tribe Adult Vocational Training Program offers $100 to $2,200 for up to 70 students at technical colleges.
  • Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin Higher Education Grant provides $100 to $1,100 annually for up to 136 undergraduate students.
  • Yakima Nation Tribal Scholarship offers $1,000 to undergraduate students who have at least a 2.0 grade point average.
  • Hopi Tribe Priority Scholarships are intended for college junior, senior, and graduate students majoring in areas considered critical for the Hopi Tribe in the hope that graduates will apply their educations to the further the interests of the tribe. Qualifying fields are business, engineering, law, education, medicine or health, and natural resources.
  • The Northern Arapaho Tribal Scholarship is for residents of Wyoming who can prove merit, financial need, and tribal membership.
  • Shoshone Tribal Scholarships are intended for Wyoming residents who can prove financial need and tribal membership.

    Some grants are available only for Native American students attending a specific college. Applications for these grants are normally accepted through the university’s financial aid office. Examples of typical grants are listed below.

    • The Anne Trevarthen Memorial Scholarship is for high school seniors who will attend the College of William and Mary in Virginia. Applicants do not have to submit proof of Native American blood but do have to show some personal connection to Native American culture and evidence a commitment to diversity and overcoming differences between groups. Preference is given to those who have knowledge or involvement with one of the Tribes recognized by the state of Virginia. The amount of the award varies, based on the endowment returns.
    • The Arizona State University Library Training Fellowship awards $8,000 to 2 Native American graduate students majoring in library science.
    • Huron College in South Dakota offers the Kathleen Robbie Memorial Scholarship for Native American undergraduate students in all majors.
    • The University of Kentucky offers a paid summer undergraduate research program for electrical and computer engineering Native American students. While not a grant, the program pays $3,200 for an eight week commitment, and all food and housing costs are paid, along with a travel stipend.
    • The University of Alaska at Anchorage administers the Edward and Anna Range Schmidt Charitable Trust. The grant is designed to offer aid to financially needy students studying environmental science. Members of Native Alaskan tribes have preference.
    • Montana State University has several programs available for Native Americans. Two of these are the Montana Indian Fee Waiver, which offers tuition grants to Montana residents who can prove at least one-quarter Native American blood, and the Native American Non-Resident Tribal Homelands Scholarship for students who have native Montana tribal affiliation. Awards vary but can be up to $10,000. Both programs are based on financial need.


    Book with school, ideas and time as background

    Many, but not all, states have grants tailored for Native American college students. However, if the state does not offer a program specifically for Native Americans, students may still be covered under one of the programs encompassing minority students. What follows is by no means a complete list of grants available, but is instead a sampling of the programs that can be found.

    • ALABAMA: The Alabama Indian Affairs Commission Scholarship is available to applicants who are members of any of the 7 federally recognized tribes in Alabama. There are no restrictions on majors.
    • ILLINOIS: Illinois offers the Minority Teachers of Illinois Scholarship Program for Native American and other minority students who are majoring in education. Teaching students for preschool through grade 12 with at least a 2.5 grade point average can receive up to $5,000 per year if they will agree to teach within the state for a set period of time.
    • KANSAS: The Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship is available for minority students, including Native Americans, who can demonstrate financial need and academic achievement. The program is open to undergraduates pursuing any field of study, and offers up to $1,800 per academic year.
    • NORTH DAKOTA: The state offers grants and scholarships to approximately 100 students annually, with awards of up $2,000 per academic year based on financial need and merit. Applicants must be residents of the state and able to prove membership in a recognized tribe. Students must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average.
    • SOUTH DAKOTA: The Ardell Bjugstad Scholarship, administered by the South Dakota Board of Regents, is for Native American students majoring in natural resources management or agriculture.
    • WASHINGTON: Washington State offers the American Indian Endowed Scholarships for Native American residents at either the undergraduate or graduate level who are full time students. There are no restrictions on the field of study. Award amounts range from $500 to $2,000.


    Most federal grants for Native American college students are administered by the Bureau of Indian Affairs through Tribal leaders. Here are some, however, that might be of interest, even though they are available to all students.

    • PELL GRANT: This is the backbone of the federal grant program for college students. It is intended for students with the greatest financial need, and household income therefore must be below $20,000 annually. Grants can be as much as $4,000 for a full time student and $2,000 for a part time student. Pell Grants can be renewed each year.
    • FSEOG (FEDERAL SUPPLEMENTAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY GRANT: Designed for students who receive the Pell Grant and can demonstrate the need for additional financial aid, the FSEOG provides awards from $100 to $4,000 per year.

    The federal government also has two grant programs for students who not only receive a Pell Grant and have financial need but also follow selected courses of study.

    • ACADEMIC COMPETITIVENESS GRANT: This grant is for the freshman and sophomore years of college. Students must maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 and follow a course of study defined as “rigorous”. In general, such areas will include 3 years of mathematics, with 2 years beyond Algebra I; 3 years of science; 3 years of social science; 4 years of English, and 1 year of foreign languages. These grants are for a maximum of $750 for freshmen and $1,300 for sophomores.
    • NATIONAL SMART GRANT: Also called the National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent, this grant is designed for the junior and senior years of college. Only select majors qualify, such as science, mathematics, engineering, technology, and critical foreign languages. Students must have received a Pell Grant, and must maintain at least a 3.0 grade point average. SMART Grants can be for as much as $4,000 per academic year.

    The total of all federal grants cannot exceed the actual cost of attendance.


    There are several programs that might be of interest for those seeking to finance a college education. For example, many states will forgive student loans for teachers or nurses who are willing to work in an underserved area for a set period of time.

    One such program is offered by the Nebraska Department of Education. Students who wish to teach at a Tribal school in Nebraska normally receive automatic approval for the program.

    The Indian Health Service Scholarship Program provides two different plans for Native American students interested in the health profession. Applicants must prove their Native American blood, but requirements are not as stringent as many programs.

    • The Health Professions Preparatory Scholarship Program is designed for students who need to enroll in certain courses in order to gain admission to health professional schools for pursuit of careers in nursing, pharmacy, or others. Courses covered may be compensatory (needed to improve math, science, or other basic skills) or preparatory (studies that must be taken for admission to a health professions program). The award covers 10 months per academic year for up to 2 years (if full time) or 4 years (if part time) and is renewable, although students must re-apply every year.
    • The Pre-Graduate Scholarship Program is for Native American students to pursue pre-med or pre-dentistry programs (or others as designated as areas of shortage for Indian health programs). The award covers 10 months per academic year, and although it must be renewed each year, students can receive funding for up to 4 years if full time, or 8 years if part time.

    The Association on American Indian Affairs offers emergency aid scholarships when funds are available. These awards range between $100 and $400 and are issued for true emergency situations such as to keep utilities connected or avoid eviction. If you are approved, it normally takes around two weeks to receive the funds.


    Graduation cap on a gold coin

    Most state and federal grants require students to complete the Free Application for Student Aid, also called the FAFSA. This can be done at most universities’ financial aid offices or online.

    A student will need to determine whether to base his answers on the student’s own information or his parents’ information. As a rule, if students are married, over 22 years of age, a member of the armed forces, or a veteran, the questions will apply to the student. Information requested will include questions based on the prior year’s income tax return, which schools should receive financial aid reports, and the number of college students in the household.

    Applications should be made as early in the year as possible. Federal grant deadlines are normally June 30, but many states’ deadlines are earlier. Also, funds can be depleted if students wait too long to apply.

    Applications for grants and scholarships based on Tribal affiliation are normally made directly through Tribal offices. Those administered by corporations or private organizations usually require applicants to apply directly to their offices.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 6.7/10 (38 votes cast)
Native American Grants, 6.7 out of 10 based on 38 ratings



78 Comments on “Native American Grants”

  1. Courtney Smith wrote:

    please send me any and all information regarding grants of any sort that will help m go to college….i plan on attending with in the next 2 weeks

  2. Ryan Massari wrote:

    I would like to apply for American Indian Scholarships/Grants for Dental schools. Could you please send me the info on where to apply. I AM A NATIVE AMERICAN CARD HOLDER.
    Thank You

  3. 1 YellowHawk wrote:

    i have helped fresno ca. school district native american title program. local nation are expanding and need help for federal,state etc. grant/funding sources. knowledge of proposal writing for funding to help future and quick funding for all native nations students a.s.a.p. i graduated from fresno city and fresno state university. thank you for any assistance, reference or suggestions.

  4. Allison wrote:

    I know there are other scholarships and grants for single native american mothers, where is the best place to gain this information. I have selected a college but need assistance for home. Thanks

  5. Braddy Carter wrote:

    I want to apply for the Native American scholarships and grants if possible. I do not have a card but am on the books and just have to go take my picture to get my card. I am in high school and look to get as much help as possible.

    Braddy Carter

  6. Daniel wrote:

    i was wondering if you can send me information about native american grant i would like that tank you and have a nice day

  7. Maryann A Lara wrote:

    i would like to know more information about. grant that apply to me . my trib is Pascua Yaqui .i have my enrolment number . and i would like all the information to help me start Fresno City College . in Jan 2012

  8. Mary Martinez wrote:

    I would like to know any information about Native American grants or scholarships. Im a senior right now but I like to know about the grants or scholarships now. I have my Native American card so if you can give me any information please let me know. Thank you.

  9. Tina Tyler wrote:

    Will u please send info or form for how I can get grants

  10. Abdel Russell wrote:

    What about Single Fathers? Or is there only help for single mothers?

  11. Samantha wrote:

    I am a Northern Cheyenne and I am hoping to get financial assiatance. If there is any assistance available to help me that would be great. My e-mail is please send me any and all information on how to go about al=pplying for these grants.

  12. Jessica pinson wrote:

    My name is Jessica Raye Pinson,
    I am contacting you in regards to currently trying to receive help to pay for my education. Now I belong to the Cherokee tribe of West Virginia, Larry two rivers Brown is the person that authorized my card stating what tribe I belong too. I currently am studying for my GED I take my final in Feb. and would like to attend college so I can better my self. What my problem is I have had my wallet stolen a month or two ago with my card in there and I do not know how to get a new member card. I really would like some information as to how and what I need to do. Most of my mother’s side belongs to a tribe but I have no way to contact them. I lost contact with them after my mother had passed away of lung cancer in 01’, which I was very little then, ten to be exact. Everything has been difficult tracking down the information I need and I haven’t found much. I looked up the man that authorized this for me when I was a little girl but I can not seem to find him. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you maybe able to give to me. Currently I am having trouble financially, I am unemployed lost my job around Christmas last yr and have been working odd jobs here and there since and I am tired of it and I want to better myself for me and my son. I would greatly appreciate any information you could maybe send to me by mail or refer me to anyone that maybe able to help. Thank you so much and I will leave you what contact information that I can. Thanks again.

    Jessica Pinson

  13. Paulette Winder wrote:

    I have a whole list of Native Scholarship is anyone wants a copy just email me and I’ll email it to you


  14. D. Bell wrote:

    We live in Iowa and are of the Cayuga Nation from New York. Daniel is a junior and is planning to go in the field of chemistry/chemical engineering. We have proof of blood. My husband died 7 weeks ago and we need all the assistance possible. Is it too early to apply for grants/scholarships? Daniel will graduate in 2013. I also have three daughters coming up. Thank you for your interest in my family.
    Michelle Bell

  15. Nancy P. wrote:

    For anyone looking for Native American scholarships, I suggest to go to your tribe’s website. Most every tribe has an “Education” section and there is usually information posted along with applications and deadlines. If there is no information posted, usually there is someone responsible for this and you can contact them by phone (I suggest phone to make it personal).
    Here is also a website with some good information on scholarships:

  16. Marissa McAfee wrote:

    I am interested in the The American Indian Science and Engineering Society scholarship. I am majoring in biology that was one of the qualifications..I do not know how this works so hopefully I am doing this the right way..I am part Cherokee. I am attending a community college. I noticed people say that they are a card holder??? I do not know anything about that, so I am not a card holder I do not know if i need to one get a grant…

  17. Leslie Saylor wrote:

    I am an American Indian. My great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee. In Dec. 2000 the Council of Three Rivers helped me with expenses during school at a small technical college where I graduated as a Licensed Practical Nurse. I recently finished up my prerequisite classes at a local community college. I applied to the Nursing Program at this small college and I also applied to a University college in a nearby state (approx 30 miles away). The local college did not except me into the nursing program due to a large amount of applicants. The nearby University College in a neighboring state excepted me into their program. Although I was told by a counselor of the Council of Three Rivers they would help me with expenses when I deciding to obtain my RN degree, now they won’t help me because of the expensive University that accepted me and because it is out of the State of KY. I really need help furthering my education. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

  18. Alyssa Duran` wrote:

    I was wanting information on Native American grants/scholarships. I have my pharmacy technician license and I am returning to community college for my ASA then planning on going to a university for pharmacy. I AM A CARD HOLDER!

  19. Bear Pepion wrote:

    I am enrolled Blackfeet, single mom, looking for scholarships to finish my Bachelor’s in Business Marketing at an accredited four-year college. Thanks!

  20. Ronda Driver wrote:

    I am a Cherokee Indian card hold and want to go to college please send me info on how to apply for grants to go to college. Thank you!

  21. Cody Grubbs wrote:

    Can you get Native American grants for trade schools? please email me back with deatils

  22. jeremiah hand wrote:

    i am a cochite native american looking for information on how to get my grants for college. if anyone can give me any info plz let me know.

  23. adrianna gutierrez wrote:

    Hi my name is adrianna gutierrez i just got in contact with my father after such a long time were he said he was indian but didnt know what tribe so i would gladly appreciate all the help i can get of where to even start looking if i need to take a bllod test i dont know where to start ny father didnt give me no informatin either he doesnt know where to begin himself how do i go about the whole paper work if their deadlines for blood work my city is in Riverside ,Ca. i would appreciate all your help …. Thank you

  24. Justin Heikka wrote:

    I am a card holding Lumbee Indian. I am a registered technologist in radiology and I am looking to go back to school in the radiology field. The only down side is that there are no accredited schools in Florida so I am forced to go out of state and pay out of state tuition. Without any help I will not be able to continue my schooling. Is there any grants or scholarships for me or students like me?

  25. Christine Fall wrote:

    I am looking for any information on how to apply for grants for college. I am not eligable for finacial aid anymore because I work 2 jobs. I want to finish my business management/accounting degree.

  26. Arlynda wrote:

    I am looking to get information on grants available for Dental assisting/Hygenist schools. I am native american and need information for trade schools like Pima Medical Institute, etc. thank you!!

  27. Neva k. Bill wrote:

    I am a 23 yr. old, single, Paiute and Washoe Native American from Nevada. Im looking for Scholarships to help me out with getting thru Career College, going for Industrial Electronic Technology. Thanks

  28. angel hernandez wrote:

    I am looking to get information on grants available for Dental assisting/Hygenist schools. I am native american and need information for trade schools and grants that will assist with on line learning, etc. thank you!!

  29. Kayla Kanteena wrote:

    I would like grants or scholarships that i am able to apply for Spring 2013 if possible. However i could also use some for the Fall 2013.
    Thanks in advance for the assistance

  30. Erica Floyd wrote:

    I have been told by a college instructor about the native american college scholarship programs that may be available …My paternal grandfather was 100% cherokee but i am not a ‘card holder’ at this time. I would like some information on how to obtain proof of my indian heritage but am not sure how to go about finding this out. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I currently am an LPN and have just enrolled into an RN program at a local community college and am in need of financial assistance for college….thanks so much in advance for any info.

  31. Jeremy Wells wrote:

    Hello, I am new to this network but am truly amazed how helpful you folks are to hungry minds like mine. I too need help financially I am aP.C.A worker for the Glacier county district #9, and also a C.N.A for the Black Feet tribe. How ever I am only a descendant because I missed the scroll by 1/16th. But regardless of that problem I am still striving for my education to become a certified Teacher for the state of Montana. Any scholarship info or Grants available to me for the spring 2013, and fall 2013 will be greatly appreciated.

    Jeremy Wells “Okii-Nii-Stoo” Nii-Toniko”

  32. Kristina Bad Hand wrote:

    Hello, I am a Media Arts and Animation major from Colorado. I have completed all the classes required for my major with the except of my language credit. Last March I went through the graduation process as many of the other students however the language I am proficient in was not offered at my school. The plan was for me to finish my degree at another school that offered Japanese language. But the class was canceled, now I would just like to be able to finish my degree. When starting out no one really informed me of Native American grants, and my tribe, Sicangu Lakota of Rosebud, are poor and though their contribution to my education helped a little, I still had to take out many loans. I am half Lakota and an eighth Cherokee. Any scholarships or grants that could help me finish my degree would be very helpful.
    Thank you for your time
    Kristina Bad Hand

  33. Lisa Glass wrote:

    Could you please send information on scholarships/grants that are based on merit and that do not have a financial need requirement.

  34. Fidel Curtis wrote:

    I am an enrolled member of the Navajo tribe. I’m currently enrolled part-time at the University of New Mexico and was denied financial aid because I already hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the University of Arizona. I need assistance paying for my tuition and books and have plans to apply to the University of New Mexico School of Medicine Physician Assistant program. Is there any grant money that I would be eligible to receive?

  35. Jennifer Capwell wrote:

    Hello Im a native american daughter of the shoshone piaute tribe, also a veteran of the USMC and attending nashvill State Technical community college. I am in need of some funds to help me with my books. I am enrolled for spring semester 2013. Is there any help out there?

    Being a single mother of four it is hard to cover bills and tuition and books.

    Thank you so very much

    jennifer capwell

  36. Kelsey Woody wrote:

    Both of my grandmother were Native Americans, How would I prove that I am? Maybe a dumb question,but never had to prove it. Thanks if you can help!

  37. joanne giles wrote:

    my grandson has gotten his GED while in prison. he has a felony charge. he has native american on his paternal and maternal side. i don’t know what tribes or what percentage he is. i have done a family tree on his maternal side and have info there and i could do the same on his paternal side too. i think on his paternal side both grandparents have full blooded native american (their grandparents). 1st, would a grant be available for someone who has a felony charge? he has served his time and wants to better himself. he wants to go to somekind of trade school. when he got his GED his teacher told him he was one of the top scorers out of 120 guys. is there any $ out there for him? he is dead broke. any info or help would be much appreciated. thank you very much.

  38. cynthia m wrote:

    i currently enrolling in collage and i can’t start till i get money please in desprate need asap, i would to start 4/2/13

  39. Dakota wrote:

    I too need information on how to receive additional financial aid that does not have financial restrictions due to my parents income. I am going to a school that is out of state and my $7500.00 tribal grant won’t cover my $52,000 tuition. Thank you.

  40. anthony wrote:

    I am 1/4 native american white mountain apache tribe in az going to college please send me some info on grants i have a certificate but no native american card thank you

  41. Kevin Michael Helgeson wrote:

    I will be attending college in the fall. My Mother is 1/4 Chippewa which only makes me 1/8 Chippewa. Making me uneligible for enrollment. Is there any type of Financial Aid available to me through the tribes. Would appreciate any information?

  42. Pueblo8 wrote:

    I am a member of the Piscataway Conoy Tribe. I am looking to attend college. I am looking for information on funding.
    Thank you.

  43. Melvin Fostet wrote:

    I am creating a medical school curriculum and need help?

  44. Olivia Lisa wrote:

    How do you find the tribe you belong to? No one in my family knows the tribe because back then it was all hush-hush. Am I even eligible if I am only 1/32? Is there any programs that extend all the way to 1/32? I would like to know because on one hand I am generally interested, and on the other I would like help in collage for my sisters and I. Thank you.

  45. Jelisa Scharkley wrote:

    I am a native american indian and iam left handed i am need of assistant for going to school i am fresh out of high school and am about to start school very soon. I would very much appreciate your assitant or any help please and thank you

    I am Shinnecock, poospatuck indian of New york and i am about to start school in august of this year i just graduated in May and i am in need of assistant. thank you for your time.

  46. Anya wrote:

    I am a single mother Alaskan Native student with BIA card, currently hold an AAS in Business/Computer Tech, as well as I am about to graduate and take National Exam to be a Certified Medical Assistant. My loans are high already; I would like information on help with funding my bachelors in Nursing, via: grants, scholarships, schools with native tuition waivers (I am willing to relocate) grants for single mothers, anything helps.

  47. Natasha Montoya wrote:

    I am a proud individual who has attends a community college on an Indian reservation in Crown-point, NM. I am here to announce that I going to be receiving a bachelor’s degree and will so be In a University. I look forward to any information you will post regarding success stories, offers, FASA, and posting on your rewards and grants.

  48. makaela yates wrote:

    i am a native american female who is choosing to continue my education in science and mathematics through bio medical engineering. i have graduated from high school this past June, and i am currently enrolled in the community college because a university is just something my family cannot afford at this time. would you please give me some information that may help me accomplish my education at a university with scholarship information or any means you can think of it would be greatly appreciated!

  49. Wynonna Lopez wrote:

    I am a native american femal 19 yeaers old and i am trying to contuinue my schooling with college to become a RN i graduated high school in 2012 and currently enrolled at san juan college and cant afford to go to my nursing programs i want and i wanted some more information that would help me finish my education it would be so great and would gladly accept the help.

  50. nigel ortega wrote:

    hi my name is Nigel Ortega i would like some information on any grants and scholorships that are available I am full blooded Native American from Arizona I would like to attend a four year university to better myself. I think I would qualify because I come from a poor family and currently living in poverty however I would like to change that by getting an education thank you Nigel Ortega

  51. Caitlin wrote:

    I would like some information on how to obtain proof of my indian heritage but am not sure how to go about finding this out. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have been accepted to Immaculata University to obtain my Bachelors in Biology and pre veterinary so I can pursue my dream of becoming a veterinarian.I am in need of financial help. Thank you! Caitlin Chellew

  52. jana Hawks Wilcoxson wrote:

    My daughter is attending college starting this fall of 2014. She is 1/8 Cherokee on her father’s side. He is not in our lives so I have only ancestry information back to his great grandparents through the U.S. census on line back to the late 1800’s to present. I am a single mother on disability with one child. We desperately need financial aid for her college. Is there anyone who can help us follow through completely with the written proof so she can apply for grants and aid? Please advise me.
    Thank you,

  53. Jennifer wrote:

    My sister and I are Native American Indian and have cards that show proof. I would greatly appreciate if I could get more information on how my sister can get financial support for her college tuition at USC-Pharmacy school. My sister got accepted to USC pharmacy and will be starting in the Fall of 2014. Please forward any assistance that you can provide for my sisters tuition. Thank You,Jennifer D.

  54. Joshua Robidoux wrote:

    I am a 25 yo single,Native American male that has an Associate degree in Criminal Justice and needing to further my education in that area. I am employed but make approx. $15,000 annually. I am already paying on student loans and needing to explore other options for financial aid. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You,

  55. Nikolaus Atkins wrote:

    Hello I was just wondering if you got a grant or scholarship after you completed school if those could go towards paying off school debts. I found out recently that if you are of Native American decent you can basically have school paid for. I happen to be part Cherokee and I was unaware of this when I was going to school. I am a licensed massage therapist with 2 years of experience now. I unfortunately am not able to truly do the things I want to do because of my school debt. I was wondering if you had any information on the subject and if it is possible to resolve my debts. Thank you and I look forward to hearig from you.

  56. Feather Perryman wrote:

    I have been in in out of drug treatment programs for at least 6yrs now .As a Comanche women I would like to be proud and show my tribe how 1 Comanche women can help her tribe in this addiction problem. That we as Indians have a bad problem ,I would like to go to school and be The BEST drug counselor that my tribe has ever help, To be there for the tribe and help my Comanche brothers and sisters
    to be well.Thank you for your time,and I hope and pray their is away you can help me.A Comanche women with a Plan and Prays THAT WILL GET THE EDUCATION she needs to help her TRIBE. THANK YOU

  57. sefcrn wrote:

    My daughter is a junior in high school and we are members of Beaver Creek Indian tribe. We are state recognized but not federally recognized. What assistance would be available to help her with cost of college?

  58. Ciarra Stevens wrote:

    I am a member of the Lac Courte Oreilles tribe in Wisconsin. I’m interested in The Association on American Indian Affairs
    Thanks so much!

  59. Chase Littlefield wrote:

    I am Alaskan native and Lakota grandmother from Rosebud, South Dakota my dad Alaskan native and Lakota passed away and I am studying to be a doctor the university of Washington, Bellingham and I need founding as I have only the help from my grandmother and mom and as much of student loans as I can get

  60. Tammy Brewer wrote:

    My paternal grandfather was 50% Cherokee Indian. My father was adopted and I don’t have a lot of information about his birth father. My daughter is currently a FT high school senior, researching colleges and scholarships and we are trying to find out if she is eligible for any scholarship/grant assistance based on her heritage. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

  61. Katelyn Foster wrote:

    I am an Alaska Native female, and I recently graduated in the top 5% of my class with a 4.0+ GPA. I am enrolled to attend a private, non-profit art college this coming fall, 2015. I would like to receive more information and an application for the FEDERAL ACADEMIC COMPETITIVENESS GRANT for freshman and sophomores. I already completed my 2015 FAFSA and my college has it.
    Thank you for your help!

  62. Mary Eagle wrote:

    i am a member of the Cherokee tribe and I would love to go back to school to become a nurse ,the problem is I work full time and have to many bills to quit working. I could really use some help on how to start the proses. It would be nice if there were some grants or scholarships out there that I didn’t have to pay back.

  63. Melanie Badon wrote:

    I have a daughter graduating high school this year we would very much like to apply for assistance through the Native American Grants, how do we apply?

  64. Vincent Adolph wrote:

    Can you please help me find grants I am an enrolled member of the Colville tribe Washington state I am attending school this year and next year pursuing a 4 year degree I am in recovery and am on the verge of being homeless if I cannot pay my rent please mail any grant information to
    Vincent j Adolph
    727 east Bismark avenue
    Spokane WA 99208

  65. Sydney Jimboy wrote:

    I am a member of Muskogee(Creek) Nation and I have my CDIB card. I am a Certified Nurse Assistant and Home Health Aide, But I am currently working on getting my certified Phlebotomy Technician. I’m also a senior in high school and would greatly appreciate any financial aid that could help me attend college next fall. Please let me know how I can apply and take advantage of any opportunities that may concern me.
    Thank you for your time.

  66. Jacquin Long wrote:

    I am an American Indian and I would like the information.

  67. Jerry Hawkins wrote:

    I have questions on some of these scholarships, My grandma is a member of turtle mountain reservation, and I was wondering if I qualify for any Native American Grants/Scholarships.

  68. Meisha Edens wrote:

    I was wondering where i needed to go in order to apply for some of these scholarships. Thanks you Meisha Edens

  69. Mindy Poor wrote:

    Looking for information on applying for scholarships for my daughter who will be a senior next year. We both have out Northern Cherokee cards. Any info would be greatly appreciated

  70. Grasiela zuniga wrote:

    Hello my name is grasiela zuniga im 35 from gila river half blood with no edaction no job with 5 children i was loat all these years since i lost my mother move from mexico now here in Arizona with my family clean up my act AND ready to better my life, but i dont know how or where to start. I also need help with my son to apply for college o scholarship hes graduating this may 25 and i dont know hoow to help him either. We are homeless right now due to just moved back here. And i dont want my voys to get frustrated and turning to do wrong actions I was very appreciated if I can get help on where to start for myself and for my son my five children with financial help shelter thank you so much my Gmail is

  71. Rebecca barbosa wrote:

    I would like any information on scholarships and grants. I am currently a nursing student pursuing a BSN. I am Native.

  72. Librado Banuelos wrote:

    Meet another day another chance have explain. Soom toma have single native Date meet agene Single nativw Date could be agree on are Relationsbip lead us continew be native now on my live spend cudle my hans feel native be grant now.xoxo

  73. Dahrleen Ground wrote:

    I am a Tonowanda reservation enrolled seneca and was told our nation has no grants available just books so i am looking for help anywhere possible first year of a 2 year college hoping Niagara University business.

  74. Alex Gonzalez wrote:

    HI my name is Alex and I’ll be graduating soon. I would like to get financial grants for college this upcoming semester? If I could that would be so grateful for a grant.

  75. Romeo wrote:

    Please. Send me some information of the scholarship

  76. Shyanna wrote:

    I am enrolled in the St. Regis Mohawk reservation in NY, live in Ohio and want to go to a college in Ohio. What grants/scholarships are there that I may qualify for?

  77. Alexandria Perpignand wrote:

    Hi I am apart of the White Mountain Apache Tribe, I’ve been told that there is a lot of help for Natives who want to further their education. I would love to get more information regarding help financially for school. If you can please email me if you have any information.

  78. Donna Brown wrote:

    Me and my daughter are card holders of the Natchitoches Tribe. I would like to receive information that would apply to my daughter for going to college in education and psychology. Thanks

Leave a Reply

Copyright 2010 - 2024 The College Grants Database | Our Blog | About Us / Privacy